About Me

My photo
Monroe, New York, United States
College Student majoring in Architectural Engineering Technology, aspiring/dreaming of being a Disney Imagineer

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lev Manovich's Language of New Media writing divides new media into different types of divisions or "languages". This writing was interesting because it divided media into distinct divisions that I did not know existed. Yet I already knew there were different languages because I knew what media was composed of. By having these divisions it provides a compelling picture as to what the differences may be and allows New Media to be divided and not lumped together.

The Digital Media writing provides a in depth look at how many forms of art, be it writing, painting, photography, etc; are incorporating the computer into their work. It goes on to state that sometime in the future, all art will incorporate the computer somehow or be entirely done digitally. This is a scary notion to me because I feel that sometime in my lifetime the preference to do art will be digitally and not manually as it has been done for hundreds of years. I believe art will be lost because that it will not be something that can be touched and molded by hand, but by the mouse.

No comments: